Wednesday 27 June 2007

June 27

Things I find interesting about Oz:
-it's hard to buy socks in more than a three pair package
-there are blokes drinking beer at the pub 9am everyday
-shops usually close at 6pm unless it's Thursday, late night shopping
-my DVDs don't play on Dave's machine
-Aussies call drinking fountains, "Bubblas"
-no one leaves gratuity
Those are just a few of the many differences I noticed.

Following are more pictures Dave or I have taken over the past month. Enjoy!


The view from the Taronga Zoo is incredible! Photo:David





I made lots of friends at Featherdale Wild Life park!!!! Photo:David




The Following set of Photos is from a coastal walk I took from Bondi Beach to Coogee Beach with David's mom. The walk was long, but was absolutely beautiful.



The Australia cost is lined with beautiful standstone.



Cemetary.



One of the oldest cemeteries in Sydney just happened to be a portion of our walk. One of Dave's ancestors is rumored to be at rest in here.



Little Inlet.



Veiw through the bus window on our way back to Bondi.




Fortunately enough, the Queen's Birthday is a national holiday in Australia. David and I took advantage of the day off to take a 10km bush walk from Manly beach to the spit.



Rocks along the hike.



Making my way to the spit. Photo:David



We came across this small inlet and many more like it.



A very rare picture of Dave smiling on the hike!



Photo:David



Veiw from the end of our hike. Photo:David



1 comment:

Megan Clark said...

Lady, you need to blog some more! I love it!